Monday, October 6, 2008

Challenge to Me








On this beautiful Monday morning, I issued a design challenge to myself. My goal was to make as many projects out of 2 12x12 sheets of cardstock; 2 types of ribbon; 1 sheet of stickers and embossing powder. These 4 projects are what I ended up with and I was very pleased! (I did throw in a few buttons.) My favorite was the Thinking of You card with the elaborate bow. It was my first creation in this challenge. The Get Well Soon card came second, (the apple is significant for 'an apple a day', just in case you didn't get it :) The third was the bookmarker which made me think of many ladies in my church group that would enjoy getting one of these; and the fourth was the Happy Birthday card. I find that if I use the materials which I already have out, I have less waste and it takes less time to create. Perhaps you will want to try this as well. I will be looking at your blogs to see if you joined me. Have a great day!


3 comments:

Mary said...

Love Love Lovin the bookmark! The colors are so pretty and fall! Keep up the great work.

Unknown said...

Very good...I'm sure Haley would give u an A+...and I do also. I can see where using what's there would be faster. That's something I need to try. I love the colors also.

Amber said...

T I love that you embossed! I tried it once many moons ago and quit - but it's so pretty I might find my old embossing powder and try again. I think I might try that challenge too!