Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Carving


I have enjoyed a rainy October evening with my family. My husband, son, his girlfriend and I have carved pumpkins "on the dining room table." ( My first pumpkin carving EVER in 43 years!) It was great fun and hubby and son's girlfriend are the winners with her carving the pirate and hubby the howling wolves. Son and I were not quite as good with a knife as they were, although I did "paint" a cute face on the back of mine :) I find that the special memories we make are often the simple pleasures of being with those we love the most...then, whatever you're doing, becomes a snapshot lovingly kept throughout the years. This was one of those for me...thanks guys.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! They turned out great and hats off to "Hubby"..he's a werewolf fan after all. That really should have been your's T..The pirate is great also. Wonder where those patterns came from?

Amber said...

Pumpkin pictures turned out great T! And I'm so proud of Randy:) I think a little girl named Dalli bothered my pumpkin because I found my crow lying next to it! I cracked up. I'm also proud you carved pumpkins inside! Very messy.