Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Looks Like Christmas











I came upon these felt ornaments quite by accident yesterday and fell in love with them! I adore the unusual shade of green on them and immediately came home and raided my paper stash searching for a match. I found it in the christmas striped paper. (I love it when a plan comes together.) I also found the shade of green on a small tin, and Amber, expanding on your idea, I made mine a "tin of encouragement." I placed words or phrases on each tag and decorated them. It was great fun. I especially like my second card with the Merry Christmas tag tucked into the tree. The card is solid and does not open, so instead of stamping or stickering on the card, I added the tag and loved it. I have noticed such a change in my design styles over the last couple of weeks. It is a wonderful thing to be inspired! Thanks to those of you who are my inspiration.

1 comments:

Mary said...

I love the inspiration tags. I have made them for gifts and used Bible verses for the inside! Altered paint cans hold these nicely, especially the smaller size quart ones.