Thursday, October 2, 2008

Getting Creative




Whew! I finally got my scraproom put back together, and I love it! I now have 2 work surfaces where I can create more stuff!!! (Thanks hubby :) I hadn't crafted all day until a couple of hours ago, and then I had a burst of ideas. The first two cards were premade, I simply added the jute, flowers and phrasing; the third was a completely new idea for me. I made my first attempt at using felt. I didn't think that I would like it, but surprise!!! I really did, and yes Ber, those are hand stitched petals. I also thought that I would never sew on a card,(because I hate to sew), but my niece incorporates it into her creations and I decided to give it a try, and I liked it!I pulled out the alphabet punches and added the wording. It was so simple and enjoyable to make. In redoing my craft space, I also decorated the "paint can" to the left of the felt card to hold all of my chipboard and paper flowers. Actually, I have decorated all kinds of containers and jars to hold my tools. My favorite today, a cheap clock which I painted, wrapped with jute, added flowers and jewels to the face and made a cute tag that says "SCRAP TIME". Because for me right now, anytime is scraptime. What a blessing!


2 comments:

Amber said...

Hi T, guess what?! I just did a couple of cards using felt for a scrap challenge on Melissa Phillip's blog (link is on my page). Loved the stitched flower.

Mary said...

Where is the picture of the clock?